Let Your Life Speak – Social Justice Vocation Symposium
This course examines fundamental questions of Christian vocation such as the following:
- What is God’s call for my life, and how do I discern that call?
- What are my particular talents, gifts, and strengths?
- How can I use these strengths and gifts as a leader on this campus?
- How do I see leadership as service?
- How can I understand my career as ministry, whatever that career may be?
Students will explore what it means to discern, accept, and fulfill one’s call to a life of Christian purpose, service, and leadership. Through exploration of contemporary social issues and service-leadership theories, critical readings and discourse, and theological reflection, students will look to Jesus Christ as a model and archetype for how to lead purposeful lives that respond to the needs of the world. The course places a special emphasis upon service to the poor and dispossessed. Moreover, students are required to engage in collaborative, service projects throughout the semester.
Service, Activism & Volunteerism,